Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to attach a deck to your house.
1 Remove old ledger and flashing, then inspect plywood sheathing for rot; patch sheathing, if necessary.
2 Cover sheathing with two layers of adhesive-backed flashing.
3 Fasten metal L-bracket to end of rim joists with special hanger screws.
4 Set ends of rim joists against house and screw L-brackets to plywood sheathing.
5 Install ledger between rim joists; fasten to house wall with 3-in. decking screws.
6 Secure ledger to sill with ½-inch-diameter lag screws; drive the long screws with an impact wrench.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades