The purpose of exterior caulking is to apply a bead of flexible sealant to fill or cover cracks, seams and gaps where drafts or moisture might get into your house or conversely, where heated or air-conditioned air might leak out. Caulking helps keep your house weather-tight, lowers heating and cooling bills, and prevents damage to structural members. It can also help keep insects and other "critters" out of your house. When you caulk before painting, it eliminates edges where the paint may start to peel, so you won't have to repaint as often.
This DIY tutorial provides helpful hints and tips to do the job quickly and without hassles. By following the easy steps outlined in this video how-to, you'll enjoy greater comfort, and protect the investment you've made in your home.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades