Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to animal proof a house.
1 Dig 8- to 12-inch-deep trench alongside porch.
2 Cut hardware cloth slightly larger than opening under porch
3 Use 2x4 to bend a 6-inch-wide L-shaped flange into hardware cloth.
4 Cut hole in hardware cloth with aviation snips.
5 Attach one-way door over hole in hardware cloth.
6 Set hardware cloth in trench, with L-shaped flange along the bottom.
7 Staple the hardware cloth to the porch.
8 Backfill the trench with soil.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades